The department of obstetrics and gynaecology are looking to recruit a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist to provide fertility services. This is a consultant post to join a team of eleven other consultants. The appointee will be the lead of fertility service. The hospital has a purpose built assisted conception unit completing about 150 IVF cycles with 400 new fertility referrals per annum. The unit is well supported by three nurse specialist and an associate specialist. The post holder will contribute to obstetrics 98 hour consultant presence on labour ward and general gynaecology commitments.
Croydon Health Services is a newly formed integrated care organisation providing hospital and community services from a number of locations throughout Croydon. It comprises the former Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust.
Croydon University Hospital is a large urban DGH. Around 3,500 staff provides services for a population of over 340,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity. It has the second busiest A&E department in London. The hospital has affiliated teaching status with St George’s Hospital Medical School and GKT School of Medicine. Croydon is situated to the South of London and has easy access to both central London and the south coast. It also offers a huge range of social, leisure and shopping options, with transport links to both Gatwick and Heathrow airports.
Successful candidates will be expected to have MRCOG or equivalent qualification with preference to candidates with sub-speciality training.
Our promises to the people of Croydon whether in hospital, in the community or at home that we will do our best to ensure:
- You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff, who respect you as an individual
- You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff who work well together in clean clinics and hospitals
- You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians who listen to you and keep you informed
- You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home.
- You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
Applicants interested in the please contact Miss Ranee Thakar Lead consultant for Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Ms Rosol Hamid, Clinical Director & Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology on 020 8401 5230.
Posted in Fertility General Health